Hunting Forums, Fishing Forums: Eastern Shore, Hunting: Ducks, Goose, Buck, Deer Hunting; Fishing: Stripers, Cobia; Spearfishing Tautog

Welcome, Guest
Banner
  • Page:

TOPIC: First Time Hunting Assateague

First Time Hunting Assateague 3 years, 9 months ago #1724

Hello all
I was picked for zone 8 on Assateague Island and never have hunted there. I anyone failure with that zone? I will be going Dec 9th and 10th.

Re:First Time Hunting Assateague 3 years, 9 months ago #1790

not familiar with hunting assateague but would like to learn more about it. Are you hunting the MD or VA part? Is the application process similar to Blackwater?
  • ducknbuck15
  • Expert Boarder
  • Shoot and Sort Boys!
Flush and Crush!
Banner

Re:First Time Hunting Assateague 3 years, 9 months ago #1791

ducknbuck15 wrote:
not familiar with hunting assateague but would like to learn more about it. Are you hunting the MD or VA part? Is the application process similar to Blackwater?

here is a link to some hunting info at the MD park: www.nps.gov/asis/planyourvisit/hunting-at-assateague.htm

I'm not familiar with blackwater, but basically you need your MD hunting liscense and then an Assateague Island hunting liscense. If you want to 4 wheel on the beach, to get to more spots, you'll need an ORV permit. For Duck hunting there is a lottery each morning on the blinds. I'm not sure about Deer, maybe someone else can chime in. Hope this helps.

Mike
  • bigmike
  • Administrator
  • 'Soar No More' on the Eastern Shore!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Web Design by SnedTech.com