Hunting Forums, Fishing Forums: Eastern Shore, Hunting: Ducks, Goose, Buck, Deer Hunting; Fishing: Stripers, Cobia; Spearfishing Tautog

Welcome, Guest
Banner

TOPIC: Building a Floating Duck Blind

Re: Building a Floating Duck Blind 3 years, 6 months ago #2009

very nice... i actually collected a bunch of the sealed up 55gal drums to build something like this, but havent got around to it... how stable is it? does it rock around at all in small chop? do birds flair to it at all? latest pix?.. how does it tow? etc etc.. + things you would of changed now that its built and you are using it. thanks!

Re: Building a Floating Duck Blind 3 years, 6 months ago #2011

It's in a small creek so wind and waves don't bother it much at all. I leave it in the water all the time at the same spot and it's doing fine. It took a while towing parallel to the boat, but no problems whatsoever. I've got it brushed with cedar over the fast grass and birds don't flare too bad unless 3 guys all move at once and rock it bad when they're close. I would build the blind itself smaller inside the demensions of the frame and make it an A frame with open top for 360 shooting. When ice melts come out and take a look.
Mike
  • bigmike
  • Administrator
  • 'Soar No More' on the Eastern Shore!
Banner

Re:Building a Floating Duck Blind 3 years, 6 months ago #2052

Man that is a good idea i have a large gravel pit that i hunt and it is still being dug out. So each year the geese keep pitching in the middle more this would give me more options. Do you still have the plan for it would love to give it a try.
  • Dep243
  • Senior Boarder

Re:Building a Floating Duck Blind 3 years, 6 months ago #2057

I don't have any plans. When the ice melts come on out and take a look at it.
  • bigmike
  • Administrator
  • 'Soar No More' on the Eastern Shore!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds

Web Design by SnedTech.com